Ideas for Intergenerational Storytelling
This resource is designed to help both students and seniors start to think about what makes a story extraordinary.
This resource is designed to help both students and seniors start to think about what makes a story extraordinary. Using historical thinking concepts as a foundation, this PDF includes 5 different ideas that might help seniors choose which stories to tell and students decide which stories to capture.
This resource is downloadable as a PDF that can be printed and filled in by hand. It is also available as a Google Doc to be filled in digitally. Both options are included in the purchase of this item.
Each idea includes:
- A visual representation of the idea in poster form
- An explanation of the idea and how it helps uncover great stories
- Examples of stories written by previous students that illustrate that idea
- A reflection worksheet for students/seniors to reflect on the sample story
- A personal worksheet to help students/seniors identify stories in their own lives that represent this idea